Death Finds a Way: A Janie Riley Mystery
by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
Janie Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies. She and her husband head to Salt Lake City Utah to research Janie's elusive 4th great-grandmother. But her search into the past leads her to a dark secret. Can she solve the mysteries of the past and the present before disaster strikes? Available now on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
JOIN Free Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter. Be the first to know of genealogy events. Find out when new genealogy databases are put online. Get tips for finding your elusive brick-wall ancestor
Share with other genealogists! Tweet this page!
Follow Olive Tree Genealogy on Google+
|Search Olive Tree Genealogy Family of Websites
SHIPS PASSENGER LISTS
LIST OF SURVIVORS OF THE FIRST VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD
Source: Magellan's voyages from The Discovery Of America by John Fiske published in 1892.
(After the corrected lists in Guillemard's Magellan.)
The eighteen who returned to Seville in the Victoria.
- Juan Sebastian Elcano, captain-general.
- Miguel de Rodas, boatswain (contramaestre) of the Victoria.
- Francisco Albo, of Axio, boatswain of the Trinidad.
- Juan de Acurio, of Bermeo, boatswain of the Concepcion.
- Maartin de Judicibus, of Genoa, superintendent of the Concepcion.
- Hernando de Bustamante, of Alcantara, barber of the Concepcion.
- Juan de Zuvileta, of Baracaldo, page of the Victoria.
- Miguel Sanchez, of Rodas, skilled seaman (marinero) of the Victoria.
- Nicholas the Greek, of Naples, marinero of the Victoria.
- Diego Gallego, of Bayonne, marinero of the Victoria.
- Juan Rodriguez, of Seville, marinero of the Trinidad.
- Antonio Rodriguez, of Huelva, marinero of the Trinidad.
- Francisco Rodriguez, of Seville (a Portuguese), marinero of the Concepcion.
- Juan de Arratia, of Bilbao, common sailor (grumete) of the Victoria.
- Vasco Gomez Gallego (a Portuguese), grumete of the Trinidad.
- Juan de Santandres, of Cueto, grumete of the Trinidad.
- Martin de Isaurraga, of Bermeo, grumete of the Concepcion.
- The Chevalier Antonio Pigafetta, of Vicenza, passanger.
LIST OF THOSE ARRESTED
The thirteen who were arrested at the Cape Verde islands.
- Pedro de Indarchi, of Teneriffe, master of the Santiago.
- Richard, from Normandy, carpenter of the Santiago.
- Simon de Burgos (a Portugese), servant of Mendoza, the traitor captain
of the Victoria.
- Juan Martin, of Aguilar de Campo, servant of the same Mendoza.
- Rooldan de Argote, of Bruges, bombardier of the Concepcion.
- Martin Mendez, of Seville, accountant of the Victoria.
- Juan Ortiz de Gopega, of Bilbao, steward of the San Antonio.
- Pedro Gasco, of Bordeaux, marinero of the Santiago.
- Ocacio Alonso, of Bollullos, marinero of the Santiago.
- Gomez Hernandez, of Huelva, marinero of the Concepcion.
- Felippe de Rodas, of Rodas, marinero of the Victoria.
- Pedro de Tolsa, from Guipuzcoa, grumete of the Victoria.
Looking for other USA records? See USA GENEALOGY
for searchable genealogy databases
5-Step Search for Your Immigrant Ancestor in North America
search for your immigrant ancestor in the five major ports of arrival
- New York New York,
New Orleans Louisiana
If you don't find your immigrant ancestor in a large port city, try smaller
ports of arrival - Virginia, Connecticut,
North Carolina, Maine, Rhode
Florida, New Jersey, New Hampshire,
Michigan, Alaska, California, Hawaii and Washington
Still can't find your immigrant ancestor on an American ships passenger list?
Canadian Port of Arrival and the
border crossing records (Saint Albans Lists).
If you still can't find your ancestor in free ships passenger lists, try ships
passenger lists and naturalization records on a pay site. See the Immigration Comparison Chart to help you decide which of the fee-based sites has the passenger lists you need to find your immigrant ancestor
Search for ships passengers in Ethnic Groups immigrating to America, other miscellaneous
ports of arrival, Ships Passenger Lists
on NARA microfilm, J.J.
Cooke Shipping Agent Records, Castle
Garden New York Ships Passenger Lists 1855-1890, Ellis
Island New York Ships Passenger Lists 1894-1927 & Naturalization
YOUR ANCESTOR IN FREE SHIPS PASSENGER LISTS TO USA