Try an Ancestry.com Free Trial
Genealogy Mystery Book!
Death Finds a Way: A Janie Riley Mystery
by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
Janie Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies. She and her husband head to Salt Lake City Utah to research Janie's elusive 4th great-grandmother. But her search into the past leads her to a dark secret. Can she solve the mysteries of the past and the present before disaster strikes? Available now on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
JOIN the FREE Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter. Be the first to know of genealogy events and freebies. Find out when new genealogy databases are put online. Get tips for finding your elusive brick-wall ancestor.
Share With Others
Share with other genealogists! Tweet this page!
New Netherland New York Genealogy
Baptismal Records of the Reformed Dutch Church of Flatlands, Long Island, New York 1780 - 1785
The following is a transcription by Peter Divine, July 2001, from LDS Microfilm #17637. This is a microfilm of a handwritten transcript in possession of the Holland Society of New York, New York City. The transcription of original records (and translation from Dutch to English) was done by Dingman Versteeg into a ledger book. Only the front-side of each leaf was used (only the odd-numbered pages), except for the frontispiece on page 152. The microfilming was done in reverse order, beginning with page 231 and ending with page 152. Flatlands is now a part of the Borough of Brooklyn in the city of New York.
Notes from Peter Divine:
- "do" means "ditto", used in place of re-writing the surname of the previously mentioned individual.
- Notes and question marks that I inserted are enclosed in brackets [?].
- All other notes and question marks, including those in parentheses (), were inserted by Dingman Versteeg.
- In Dingman Versteeg's handwriting, the capital "L" is virtually indistinguishable from the capital "S", and the small "h" is indistinguishable from the small "k". Thus, what I have transcribed as "Sytje" may in some cases really be "Lytje", and what I have transcribed as "Fish" may really be "Fisk".
- I have carefully used commas as placeholders. For example, "Jacobus, Aug 17, 1748, Jacobus Wyckhof,, Sara Amerman wife of Pieter Wyckhof" indicates that Sara Amerman was listed under the "Witnesses" column [Lorine's note: meaning that the mother of baby Jacobus is not given, which you can see by the two commas and a blank space where the mother's name should be], while "Nicholas, April 6, Nicholas Schenk, Willempje Wyckoff" indicates that Willempje Wyckoff was listed under the "Parents" column.
Orderbook is MSS in Long Island Historical Society
- Magdeltje, Dec 3 1780, Peter Wyckoff, Heiltje Remsen
- Catharine, Feb 11 1781, Isaac Eldert, Maria Wyckoff
- Cornelis, Feb 25, Jan Emans,, Cornelis Emans, Margareth Hegeman
- Jane, May 20, Peter Wyckoff, Rhyme Denys, Gerrit Wyckoff, Rensje Voorhees
- Johannis, Sept 22, Peter Cowenhoven, Lammetje Lott
- Anna, Oct 7, Martin Van Beuren,, Johannis Clow
- Johanna, Dec 15, William Cowenhoven, Johanna Wyckoff, Sara Wyckoff
- Nicholas, Jan 20 1782, Nicholas Wyckoff, Antje Rapelje
- Johannis, Jan 20, Hendrik Plas, Sarah Wyckoff
- Aaltje, Feb 24, Peter Stoothof, Leah VanderBilt
- Johannis, March 10, Johannis Clow,, Casper Haarlenbach
- Hendrik, March 31, Roeloff Van Houten, Sara Okee, Hendrik Oukee, Maria Woodruff
- John, April 7, Thomas Whitelock, Agnetta Otter
- Antje, April 28, Johannis Lott, Margareth Van Nuys, Antje Lott
- Johanna, May 9 1782, Peter Nevius, Sara Stryker, Michael Stryker, Johanna do
- Anna,, Simon Lott, Anna Van Nuys
- Gerritje, June 22, John Vroom, Jannitje do
- Hendrik, July 7, Jeromus Lott, Lametje Rapelje
- Gerrit, Sept 1, Hendrik, Suydam, Ida Cowenhoven
- Jane & Maria, Nov 24, Steven Sprong, Margaret Losier, Angje Van Bommelen, Folkert Sprong, Cornelia Van Sickelen
- Lucas, Jan 26 1783, Hendrik Emans, ____ Bergen
- Jane, Feb 9, John Voorhees, Rensje do, Gerrit Wyckoff, Rhyme Denys
- Johannis, March 6, Wilhelmus Stoothof, Aletta Ryder, Johannis Stoofhoff, Catharina Bogert
- Maria, May 18, Hendrik Okee, Maria Woodruff
- Antje, June 29, Wilhelmus, Stoofhof, Heiltje Voorhees
- Eyda,, Adrian Hegeman, Maria Lott
- Peter, July 13, Peter Wyckoff, Rhyme Denys
- Eyda, July 13 1783, Abraham Lott
- Garret, Oct 13, William Cowenhoven, Johanna Wyckoff, Ann V.derVoort
- Anna, Oct 26, Gerrit Snediker, Anna Bogert
- Abraham & Sara, Feb 1 1784, Elbert Snediker, Maria Rapelje, Martin Johnson, & wife Phebe Rapelje
- John, Feb 18[?], Peter Stoothoff, Leah Vanderbilt, Jeremiah V.d Bilt, & wife Abigail
- Jane, March 4, Benjamin Bennet, Jane Sprong, Folkert Sprong
- Maria, Apr 9, Eyda Gerritsen,, Rem Hegeman, Jane Ditmars
- Peter, June 13, Johannis Lott, Abigail Fish, Peter Lott, & daugher Lammetje
- Adriana, Aug 1, Hendrik Vanderveer, Maria Voorhees, Abraham Voorhees, Adriana Lefferts
- Abraham, Dec 12, Peter Voorhees, Deborah do, Abraham Voorhees, Adriana Lefferts
- Johannis,, Hendrik Okee, Maria Woodruff
- Hendrika,, Johannis Lott, Abigail Cowenhoven, Lammetje Cowenhoven
- Wilhelmina, Jan 9 1709[sic], John Schenk, Anna Williamson
- Margareth & Janitje,, Johannis Ditmars, Margareth Rapelje
- Johannis, Feb 20 1785, Johannis Ditmars, Jane Nagel
- Johannis,, Johannis Lott, Abigail Fish
- Jacoba,, William Cropsey, Jane Denys
- Jacob, Mar 25, Rem Hegeman, Jane Ditmars, Jacob Suydam
- Martha,, Adrian Hegeman, Maria Lott
- Adriana,, John Voorhees, Rensje Wyckoff, Abraham Voorhees, Adriana Lefferts
- Aletta, May 5, Peter Wyckoff, Hyltje Remsen
- Sarah,, Roelof Van Houten, Sarah Okee
- Getty, June 5, Wilhelmus Stoothof, Aletta Ryder, Getty Ryder
- Johannis, July 17, Joost Wyckoff, Sarah Luyster, Daniel Luyster, Anna Nostrand
- Jacobus,, Laurence Ryder, Catharina Williamsen, Samuel Gerritsen, Aletta Ryder
- Jane,, Benjamin Bennet, Jane Sprong, Folkert Sprong
- John, Oct 9, John Hegeman, Magdela Van Nuys