Try an Ancestry.com Free Trial
Genealogy Mystery Book!
Death Finds a Way: A Janie Riley Mystery
by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
Janie Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies. She and her husband head to Salt Lake City Utah to research Janie's elusive 4th great-grandmother. But her search into the past leads her to a dark secret. Can she solve the mysteries of the past and the present before disaster strikes? Available now on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
JOIN the FREE Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter. Be the first to know of genealogy events and freebies. Find out when new genealogy databases are put online. Get tips for finding your elusive brick-wall ancestor.
Share With Others
Share with other genealogists! Tweet this page!
Search Olive Tree Genealogy family of websites
New Netherland New York Genealogy
Baptismal Records of the Reformed Dutch Church of Flatlands, Long Island, New York 1785 -1791
The following is a transcription by Peter Divine, July 2001, from LDS Microfilm #17637. This is a microfilm of a handwritten transcript in possession of the Holland Society of New York, New York City. The transcription of original records (and translation from Dutch to English) was done by Dingman Versteeg into a ledger book. Only the front-side of each leaf was used (only the odd-numbered pages), except for the frontispiece on page 152. The microfilming was done in reverse order, beginning with page 231 and ending with page 152. Flatlands is now a part of the Borough of Brooklyn in the city of New York.
Notes from Peter Divine:
- "do" means "ditto", used in place of re-writing the surname of the previously mentioned individual.
- Notes and question marks that I inserted are enclosed in brackets [?].
- All other notes and question marks, including those in parentheses (), were inserted by Dingman Versteeg.
- In Dingman Versteeg's handwriting, the capital "L" is virtually indistinguishable from the capital "S", and the small "h" is indistinguishable from the small "k". Thus, what I have transcribed as "Sytje" may in some cases really be "Lytje", and what I have transcribed as "Fish" may really be "Fisk".
- I have carefully used commas as placeholders. For example, "Jacobus, Aug 17, 1748, Jacobus Wyckhof,, Sara Amerman wife of Pieter Wyckhof" indicates that Sara Amerman was listed under the "Witnesses" column [Lorine's note: meaning that the mother of baby Jacobus is not given, which you can see by the two commas and a blank space where the mother's name should be], while "Nicholas, April 6, Nicholas Schenk, Willempje Wyckoff" indicates that Willempje Wyckoff was listed under the "Parents" column.
Orderbook is MSS in Long Island Historical Society
- Hendrick, Oct 13 1785, Nicholas Donley, Sarah Sickels
- Balatie, Nov 21, Michael Van Cleef, Jane Hoogland, Peter Van Steenberg, Balatie Van Cleef
- Catharina,, John Van Beuren, Sarah Van Duyne, Catharina Voorhees
- Maria, Dec 26, Jeromus Lott, Lametje Rapelje
- Sarah, Feb 5 1786, Steven Sprong, Margareth Lozier
- Cornelia, Feb 5, Peter Wyckoff, Rhyme Denis, Isaac Denys, daughter Phebe
- Cornelia,, Jeremiah Elsworth, Eva Slover, Thomas Elsworth, Rebecka do
- Abraham, Feb 5[?], Peter Stoothoff, Leah Vderbilt
- Abraham, April 23, Abraham Bennet, Antje Stillwell
- Johanna, Jan 2 1787, Samuel Harris, Hendricka Remsen
- Helena, April 8, Geroge Bennet, Nelly Finn
- Maria,, Dirk Remsen, Elisabeth Duryee
- Hendrik,, John Van Kerk, Rebecka Johnson
- John, April 8 1787, Wilhelmus Van Nuys, Sarah do
- Sarah, June 10, Joseph White, Jane Van Houten, Jane Post
- Wynant,, Wynant Van Pelt, Helena V. derVeer, Cornelius Bennet
- Phebe, Sept 7, Hendrik Suydam, Ida Cowenhoven, Hendrik Suydam, Rebecka Emans
- John,, John Van Duyne, Nelly VanderHoven
- Wilhelmus, Nov 9, Stephen Hubbard, Maria Ryder
- Helena,, William Furman, Sytje Van Duyne, John Van Duyne, Helena Van Nuys
- Hyltje, Nov 25, Abraham Stoothof, Elisabeth Bogart, Wilhelmus Stoofhoff, Hyltje Voorhees
- Hyltje,, Peter Wyckoff, Hyltje Remsen
- Jane,, Gerrit Wyckoff, Helena Selover, Gerrit Wyckoff, Rhyme Denys
- Antje,, Wilhelmus Stoothof, Aletta Ryder, Sarah Stoothof
- Ann Terhune, Dec 1, Anna Lott
- William, Jan 6 1788, Benjamin Bennet, Jane Sprong
- Maria, Feb 17, John Voorhees, Rensje Wyckoff, Hendrik VdVeer, Maria Voorhees
- Cornelia, Sept 14 1788, Jeremiah Elsworth, Eva Selover, Thomas Elsworth, Rebecka do
- Jeremiah,, Peter Stoothoff, Leah Vanderbilt
- Barend, Oct 24, Peter Wyckoff, Rhymey Denys
- Isaac, Oct 26, Samuel Harris, Hendrika Remsen, Isaac Remsen
- Johannis, Dec 14, Stephen Sprong, Margaret Lozier
- Richard, Feb 15 1789, Richard Stillwell, Maria Lake, Martha Stillwell
- David, May 3, Benjamin Bennet, Jane Sprong, Folkert Sprong
- Peter, May 21, Johannis Lott, Abigail Fish, Peter Scott, Maria do
- Jane, July 12, Hendrik Okee, Maria Woodruff, Jane Post
- Catharina, Dec 21, Isaac Remsen, Susanna Roberts
- Roelof,, Abraham Van Brunt, ____ Wilson, Helena Van Pelt
- Gerrit, Dec 27, John Voorhees, Rensje Wyckoff, Gerrit Wyckoff, Rhymey Denys
- Lametje, Jan 31 1790, Johannis Lott, Abigail Cowenhoven, Johannis Ditman, Lammetje Lott
- Maria, Jan 31 1790, Samuel Selover, Francine Brower, Maria Selover
- Wilhelmina, March 14 bo Feb 22, Peter Lowe, Sarah Bennet
- Abraham, May 9, Abraham Stoothof, Elisabeth Bogert, Heiltje Voorhees
- Phebe, June 27, Benjamin Bennet, Jane Sprong
- Maria, Aug 8, Roelof Voorhees, Grace Childs, Deborah Voorhees
- Abraham, Oct 30, Abraham Voorhees, Maria Lott, Abraham Voorhees, Adriana Lefferts
- Elisabeth, Nov 20, Cornelius Nagel, Lammetje Lott, Philip Nagel, Jane do
- Maria, Jan 2 1791, Jeremiah Elsworth Eva Selover, Maria Selover
- Wilhelmina, Jan 23, Peter Duryee, Sarah Amerman, Wilhelmina Amerman
- Martinus,, Johannis Emans, Sarah Schoonmaker
- Cornelius, March 27, Michael Van Cleef, Jane Hoogland, Belitje Van Cleef
- Antje,, Lucas Cowenhoven, Antje Wyckoff, William Cowenhoven, Johanna Wyckoff
- Catharina, July 10, Samuel Harris, Hendrika Remsen